Wednesday 24 May 2017

Quilting




I found this fab fabric in my local store, a colourful range from Moda. I just couldn't wait to start working with it! 


I decided to make a quilt, so after finding a pattern on the internet I set to work. I find sewing so relaxing and totally absorbing, you can switch off totally.
I bought 6 fat quarters to make this quilt and I didn't want to cut the fabric too much, as I loved all the patterns. To complete the quilt I bought some yardage of the blue and cream plus the orange border fabric.


Here is the completed quilt, it has a lovely contemporary feel to it, I haven't decided who I am giving it to yet but I know a few people have their eye on it!

This is the Moda fabric I used, and I am now working on another quilt for a wedding present using a few charm packs!
It is certainly the weather for picnics here so may be I will take my new quilt and have a wee picnic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment